Monday, February 21, 2011

Good things don't always last...

As with everything, good things don't always last. After I graduated high school I was dumped by my first love. He said he "just didn't love me anymore" and at that time I thought I would never ever be able to love again, my life was over and I was going to go live in a box down by the river.
But, I got over it.
So, while all my friends were off going to college, I went of to massage school. I "grew up" there. This was my first time being alone and paying my own bills, getting my own groceries, and losing my virginity. I remember one weekend when my parents came to visit me, without saying or doing anything my mom knew I had sex for the first time. I tell ya, she had super mom powers, I hope to be half of what she was. But the most thing I miss about my massage school days was my weight.
I was in tip top shape at that time. About 3-4 months before I went off to school my mom and I joined the YMCA and did some water exercises. Before I knew it, I lost 25lbs!! So, I started eating better, exercising more, and losing more weight. I felt great, I looked great and my self esteem was bursting at the seams! I remember the first time I ran a mile without stopping and gasping for air. It was the most exhilarating thing I have done and I wanted more of it. I was down to 150lbs (and for me that's almost anorexic) and running 3-5 miles a day, lifting weights and getting a flat stomach and toned arms. Sigh...oh how I miss those days. I remember getting done running a couple miles to get home and wanting to go running some more. At that time, I thought I was pretty from head to toe and from the inside out.
But again, good things don't always last....

No comments:

Post a Comment