Monday, February 21, 2011

My so called life thus far: Scene 1 - Take 1

Once upon a time there lived a beautiful, SKINNY girl....
Psh, I wish. Altough, I do find myself pretty from about the chin up. From the chin down well, that needs a whole lot of work...a lot.
Looking back on pictures of my childhood, I was of "normal" weight till I was about....oh...5 years old. But once I hit kindergarden my baby fat decided to take revenge...mostly on my butt and thighs. Even though I was on the chubby side, my mom always told me that I was beautiful, and it was what was on the inside that counted. She gave me self-esteem and confidence that I didn't even know that I had. And I think because of that I was well liked with my class mates and was even in the popular group! Now keep in mind this was still elementary days but hey- I can say that I was once popular.
I will skip middle school days because, well, who wouldn't? Those days were filled with puffy hair, braces, trying to fit in with different cliques and be someone that I wasn't. And guess what, this was the time that I found out that I needed to have hearing aids, which boosted my popularity count to about -100. Kids were so cruel to me. On the last day of summer break and I was going to  be a freshman in high school I had enough with those stupid hearing aids that gave me nothing but grief and threw them in the garbage and told my parents that I lost them. Oh ya they were mad, they were very mad because those babies are expensive, but I didn't care. I wanted a fresh start with my life and I was hoping to get it in high school.
To the belief of most people I know, they hated high school, I on the other hand loved it. Had my first kiss freshmen year, found my first love sophmore year, and I was so called a "band geek". I loved band and i was pretty good at it. I met some wonderful friends from band that are still my best friends today. I got to go to Europe and marching band competition, played at our football games....it was a fun time.
But day by day, I was getting heavier and heavier. But that didn't impact my confidence in myself. I was the funny gal that they liked to hang out with, I got invited to parties, had about a handful of boyfriends, and I have my mom to thank. She believed in me when I didn't. Maybe that's why my life is shitty right now because my mom isn't here. I miss her every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment